Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Review: Kyland by Mia Sheridan








Title: Kyland
Author: Mia Sheridan
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone book of Sign of Love series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:






Tenleigh Falyn and Kyland Barret lived in poverty in a small town deep in the Appalachian mountains where every day was a struggle for survival. They were high school senior working toward a single scholarship that would take them away from the dead end town and hopefully towards a brighter future. The two "rivals” ended up with a friendship that begged to be more but could possible threatened the future they both desperately needed.


Like many other readers, I have my fair share of love for rockstar, sportstar and sexy millionaires. But all those glitz and glamour could never outshine the beauty in the story of humanity and this book was filled to the brim with it.


The depiction of poverty in this book really touched my heart and I could feel their struggles through the author’s words. I love how even in desperation, people who had nothing gave everything to help each other out.

Kyland was a beautiful story of hope, love and sacrifice (even if it was a bit predictable). But what I love the most about this book is how it taught you sometimes the simplest things are all you need and could bring you the most satisfaction.

You had to appreciate the small things in life when the big things made you want to curl up in the corner in the fetal position and give up.


P.S.: I love Buster and his erotic carvings!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment