Thursday, January 29, 2015

Review: Second Debt by Pepper WInters





Title: Second Debt
Author: Pepper Winters
Genre: Dark Erotic Romance
Type: Book 3 of Indebted series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:





Reviewing a serial is not my favorite thing to do because it’s so hard to do it without giving anything away. So I’m not going to say anything much about the storyline this except this: Don’t expect your questions to be answered easily. When you thought you’re going to get something, it’s taken away from you so suddenly. It left you hanging and wanting for more.

The first part of the book didn’t capture my attention much. Throughout the series, there were so many pushing and pulling between the two characters that at times it felt tiring.



Good thing the second debt came around and it saved the book from boredom for me. I love the elements in the second debt – the significance, the implementation and the result. It was more of a psychological torture and that’s the best kind of torture. (Yes, that doesn’t sound right but I’m sure you get what I mean haha!)

I like Jethro in the first book with all his glory. But then the second book he became a complete opposite which I didn’t like. Now in this book, I think he got a perfect balance so I’m very happy with it.

I was hoping to see Daniel getting his face time in this book, but that didn’t really happened. I hope he’ll get his chance in the next one. Not that I like him, I’m just intrigued by his role in all of these.

One of my favorite scenes was the interrupted solo shower scene. Not only because it was hot, but I also love the vulnerability of it. Oh, the hot spring scene was smoking too, but I find it quite ridiculous for something like that to happen (with the roughness/intensity and all) considering the event that happened just before that.   


Each book in the Indebted series slowly peeled away the layers of secrets and I’m glad with Second Debt it finally moving to the direction that I’m hoping for. 

This review is also available on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment